In the previous post we’ve tackled with adding the testing repo to our Raspbian system – and to the surprise of nobody, such writeup couldn’t have been born without a fair share of mistakes along the way.
One such case is when I ended up with a completely broken apt instance that could not update nor clean itself. The solution is crawling through StackOverflow, where I could piece together a rather brute force way of dealing with this problem.
- we are going to delete all the downloaded lists by issuing:
sudo rm /var/lib/apt/lists/*
- next we update apt from this clean state:
sudo apt-get update